Every podcast player has a
<link> field that lists your official website. This is the website address that players like Google Podcasts and others use to point people to learn more about your podcast.
By default, your podcast hosts will set this to their own mini-site for your podcast. YOU DO NOT WANT THIS. This only benefits your podcast host.
Here are some instructions on how to change the website in your hosting provider.
*** WARNING: If you see instructions to Change DNS settings from your host, you're in the wrong spot. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING WITH YOUR DOMAIN name. You are just looking to add your website address to your host. ***
- Go to Settings
- Scroll ALL THE WAY DOWN and there is a link at the bottom that says the equivalent of "more settings". Click that and a bunch of other stuff will show.
- Find Your Website Address and enter your actual website address (https://www.yourwebsite.com)
- Go to Settings
- Click Feed
- Click Advanced Settings
- Find Link URL in RSS2 and enter your actual website address (https://www.yourwebsite.com)
- Go to your Podcast Settings (small gear next to the podcast name in the dropdown list)
- Click Site Settings
- Scroll to the bottom, in Advanced find Alternate Show Website and enter your actual website address (https://www.yourwebsite.com)
- Click Save in the top right
- Log into Libsyn and go to your podcast Settings
- Click Show Settings
- Change what's in Website Address to your actual website address (https://www.yourwebsite.com)
We are working on expanding this list, and we'd be happy to walk through it with you on video chat, just click the button in the lower right to reach out.